VISION Statement: Redwood Community Radio envisions a community of listeners who, guided by the example of RCR programming, work together to create better, more just and sustainable world systems to ensure that all humans and other living species on earth move toward a higher quality of life and are able to survive the challenges in the times ahead.
MISSION: Redwood Community Radio will encourage a communication center of open airways (KMUD) for all voices to inform, educate, entertain and inspire the listening community through quality programming.
Redwood Community Radio Board of Directors
May 21, 2013 -- 4 pm
Healy Senior Center, 456 Briceland Road, Redway
- I.Call to Order: Meeting Ground Rules and Opening Comments from President
- II.Roll Call: Suzanne Beers, President, Board-elected; Siena Klein, Vice President, Member’s Rep; Julia Minton, Treasurer, Members’ Rep; Noel Soucy, Secretary, Programmers’ Rep; Nella White, Members’ Rep; Jordan Jumpshot, Programmers’ Rep; Antonia Lamb, board-elected; Marcy Stein, Programmers’ Rep; ex officio member: Jeanette Todd, Station Manager.
- III.Approval of Minutes: April
- IV.Approval of Agenda
- V.Open Time: Speakers will be assigned an amount of time not to exceed 5 minutes
- VI.Signal Quality Report- Simon
- VII.Management Report
- VIII.Discussion/Questions for Management
- IX.Consent Calendar
- A.Vacation Pay- Second Reading- The second paragraph of Policy 188.8.131.52, Vacations, is revised to read: “Vacations pay, or payouts of accrued vacation time, will be based on the employee’s current pay rate.” This is the second of two Board considerations of this policy change.
- X.Treasurer’s Report
- XI.Unfinished Business
- A.Revisions to Compliance Calendar
- B.Technology Proposal
- C.Board Recruitment
- XII.New Business
- A.Standards of Conduct Policy Proposal
- A.Programmers’ Reps
- B.Members’ Reps
- C.Community Advisory Boards (CAB’s)
- D.Correspondence Secretaries
- XIV.Other Committee Reports
- A.Development, including Pledge Drive Subcommittee
- XV.Scheduling -- proposed meeting times are:
- A.Annual Membership Meeting, June 25, 4 pm, Healy Senior Center
- B.Board of Directors: June 25, following Annual Meeting, Healy Senior Center
- C.Executive Committee: Monday, 10 June, 4 pm, Studio B
- D.Finance Committee: Tuesday, 18 June, 3 pm, KMUD
- E.Development Committee: 1st Monday, 3 June, 3 pm, KMUD
- F.Policy Committee: 10 June, 12 pm, KMUD
- G.Transition Committee- TBD
- H.Website Committee: 2nd Tuesday, 11 June, 10 am, KMUD
- I.Strategic Planning Working Group-
- J.Next Board/ Staff Meeting- August TBD
Agenda respectfully submitted by Noel Soucy, RCR Board Secretary, on 13 May 2013.