Redwood Community Radio Board of Directors
Date & Time: 22 January 2013, 4 pm
Place: Healy Senior Center, 456 Briceland Rd, Redway, CA
I. Call to Order: Meeting Ground Rules and Opening Comments from Vice President
II. Roll Call: Siena Klein, Vice President, Members' Rep; Noel Soucy, Secretary, Programmers' Rep; Nella White, Member's Rep; Antonia Lamb, board-elected; Marcy Stein, Programmers' Rep; ex officio member: Jeanette Todd, Interim Station Manager.
Carlos Casarez, board-elect, resigned 3rd January 2013.
Others Present: Michael McKaskle, Felix Omai
III. Approval of Minutes: (November 2012)
• Consent Calendar- Please note that it is the draft dated October 16, 2012.
• Item VI- Take out books and accounting, and Suzanne Dockal will help update and improve our financial statements
• May consider taking out closed session
• Nella moves to table. Antonia seconds. Approved unanimously.
IV. Approval of Agenda
• Omit D under Unfinished business
• Antonia moves to approve the agenda. Nella seconds. Unanimous.
V. Open Time: Speakers will be assigned an amount of time not to exceed 5 minutes
• Michael M. would like us to enforce the takes guests with you rule, and no camping at the station. He is especially alarmed about Jane specifically and shares several actions that she has done. He wants the station to be a safe place at night. Michael is also not into Richard being there either, and feels less safe with his presence there than Jane's.
VI. Management Report
VII. Discussion/Questions for Management
VIII. Consent Calendar
A. Create a checking account- Noel moves (Marcy Seconds):
1. That we open a new checking account with the Community Credit Union of Southern Humboldt using account # 2199, which is to replace our Umpqua checking account as our primary checking. The check signers shall be Jeanette Todd, Interim Station Manager; Simon Frech, Technical Director; Julia Minton, Treasurer.
2. Also to open a new Money Market account under the same account number as our new primary checking (#2199) for the purpose of transferring $50,000 from the sale of the Spy Rock mortgage note to a money market reserve while the finance committee investigates a line of credit and certificate of deposit options. The signers for this account shall be Jeanette Todd, Interim Station Manager; Simon Frech, Technical Director; Julia Minton, Treasurer.
3. To transfer $10,000 from the sale of the Spy Rock mortgage note to the "Signal Upgrade" checking account (#15268) for use as a "Signal Upgrade Outreach & Fundraising" checking account. The signers for this account shall be Jeanette Todd, Interim Station Manager; Simon Frech, Technical Director; Julia Minton, Treasurer.
B. Approve Stacey Edgmon Letter of Engagement for 2013 Audit. Antonia moves that we approve Stacey Edgmon Letter of Engagement for 2013 Audit. Marcy seconds. Unanimous.
C. Approve Board Talk show months of January, April, June, October- V.P. will be point person for any re-scheduling with PD. Marcy moves that we approve the Board Talk show months of January, April, June and October. Nella seconds. Unanimous.
D. Appoint new Policy Committee Chair- Suzanne Beers- Marcy moves to table. Noel seconds. Unanimous.
E. Confirm Board Poll for Wine Gala Budget- Noel moves to approve the budget for the Wine Gala. Nella seconds. Unanimous.
IX. Finance Committee Report
X. Unfinished Business
A. Human Resources / Transition Committee / Development Director position
• Noel moves to table, Antonia seconds. Unanimous.
B. Music Server Proposal
• Noel mentions that one of our members would like us to table this item until we get a disbursement from the Fitch Property.
• Nella wants us to research the pricing again before this item gets approved.
• Nella also mentioned that any technology that improves efficiency of staff is worth investing in.
• Noel moves that we table to approve the Budget. Siena seconds. Unanimous.
XI. Closed Session- Personnel Issue
XII. New Business
A. Plan recruitment of Board Members- Invite potential candidates to the Wine Gala, and announce the opening / upcoming openings as well.
B. Consider forming Grants Committee- Marcy moves to table this item. Nella seconds. Unanimous.
A. Fitch Property Update
B. Programmers' Reps
C. Members' Reps
D. Community Advisory Boards (CAB's)
E. Correspondence Secretaries- Thankyou letters need to be sent to: Rotary Club, Carlos Casarez, Lagunitas, Humboldt Wine Association, Jim & Barb Truitt... Ask Jeanette for a full list.
F. Staff meeting report, and appoint next Board member(s) to attend- Siena
XIV. Other Committee Reports
A. Hiring Committee- Report from Marcy and Nella
B. Development, including Pledge Drive Subcommittee- Development Committee meets next week. The Pledge Drive is going to start on the 18th of April. The Silent Drive starts on the 20th of February. The amount is going to remain the same at $125K.
D. Website- Please see written report.
XV. Scheduling -- proposed meeting times are:
A. Board of Directors: Fourth Tuesday, 26th February, 4 pm, Healy Senior Center
B. Executive Committee: Second Tuesday, 12th Feb, 3 pm, Studio B
C. Finance Committee: Third Tuesday, 19th Feb, 3 pm, KMUD
D. Website Committee: Third Tuesday, 19th Feb,10 am, KMUD
E. Development Committee: 1st Monday, 4th of Feb, 3pm, KMUD
F. Policy Committee: 2nd Tuesday, 12th Feb, KMUD
G. Board member(s) to next staff meeting: Siena- Tuesday, February 5th 10:30 am
Minutes respectfully submitted by Noel Soucy, KMUD Board Secretary, on 6 April 2013.