KMUD Finance Committee
Julia Minton, Board Treasurer (Committee Chair)
Suzanne Beers, Board President
Dian Griffith, A/P Bookkeeper
Jeanette Todd, Station Manager
Nella White, Board Member
Scope of the Committee:
- The Finance Committee is the fiscal awareness component of the Board. It educates, advises and recommends to the Board and management the financial possibilities and monetary consequences of KMUDâ€™s plans, ventures and activities.Discussion during the monthly meetings is expected to consider current and projected cash flow; profit and loss trends; balance sheet items; budget alignments; status of secured, pending and potential grants and loans, and communications with the issuing agencies; current and upcoming expenditures and strategies for funding and reducing costs; any policy work that might be needed; assessments of fundraisers, benefit trends, and underwriting outlook, and general financial picture.
- Any ideas for actions and solutions which are outside the managerâ€™s authority will be brought to the Board.
- The committee will begin drafting the budget for the following year starting in September and present a first draft in the Board packet for October.
- The Committee will also assist the Station Manager in reviewing potential Auditors.
- If the need for a loan is anticipated, the Committee should determine the amount necessary, and with the Boardâ€™s approval take action to secure the organizationâ€™s line of credit, either privately or with an institution for the coming year.
Meeting time is the Thursday after the 3rd Tuesday of each month, 1 pm at KMUD, although often this will be changed to accomodate schedules.