KMUD Mediation Committee
The Mediation Committee is committed to assist, in a fair and respectful manner, in resolving personnel problems involving KMUD staff and volunteers when the involved parties have become stuck trying to resolve their issues. As a Staff Member, Programmer, or other Volunteer at KMUD, when a problem related to your activities at KMUD arises you should:
As a Staff member, Programmer, or other Volunteer at KMUD when a problem related to your activities at KMUD arises you should:
- Step 1: Attempt to resolve the problem directly with those involved in the issue.
- Step 2: If Step 1 fails, bring the issue to the staff member most directly involved. For example, programming issues should go to the Program Director.
- Step 3: If Step 2 fails to resolve the problem, discuss the issue with the Station Manager.
- Step 4 :In the event that the problem is not satisfactorily resolved in the preceding steps, parties to the dispute are encouraged to enter into mediation with the Mediation Committee, but it is understood that the mediation process is entirely voluntary.
- Step 5: In the event that the mediation process does not resolve the issue, it will be referred to the RCR Grievance Panel. This will be accomplished without incurring cost to RCR.
- Step 6: Upon completion of the grievance hearing, the hearing officer will submit a recommendation to the Board of Directors.
- Step 7: The Board of Directors will either accept the recommendations of the Grievance Panel Hearing Panelist(s) or the Board may, by unanimous vote of the Board, overturn that decision and make a different ruling to resolve the issue.
Remember, the Mediation Committee is here to help. In any particular situation, if any of the earlier steps are found not to be practical, the individuals involved may contact the Mediation Committee, or any member of the Committee, at any time.
Mediation Committee Members:
- Additional Members:
Jim Lamport, Maria Savage, Margaret Lewis and Paul Encimer
The Mediation Committee meets on an as needed basis and has a mailbox in the KMUD Office.