The County of Humboldt is inviting citizens to participate in a series of meetings this summer on the 2014 Housing Element Update. The purpose of the meetings will be to get input on the draft Housing Element, which analyzes existing and projected housing needs, prior to taking it to the Planning Commission. The County intends each of these meetings to be brainstorming sessions, which will begin to lay the foundation of the draft Housing Element.
The following are some questions to be discussed at the meetings:
- What are your ideas for housing policy changes?
- How can we encourage housing development into the future?
- What could we do to make second units more feasible?
- Are there incentives the County should put into place to help create housing in commercial areas?
Meeting Sites and Times
|Prosperity Center, 520 E Street, Eureka||Southern Humboldt (Location TBD)|
|July 24 – 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Aug. 14 – 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Sept. 4 – 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
|Aug. 28 – 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. (tentative)
*The County will give two week's notice once a site and time is determined
The meeting agendas and discussion materials will be sent out one week ahead of time. Background information that will be covered in the meetings includes the following:
- Overview of Housing Element Update timeline and process
- Updated 2010 data and information
- Updated State Laws – four new in 2012
- Proposed updated Regional Housing Needs Allocation (RHNA) numbers
- Proposed updated land inventory, adding rural residential
- Martin Slough Interceptor Schedule
- Phase II Affordable Housing – add in all proposed Multi-Family sites
If you have questions you may contact Michael Richardson at 707-268-3723, mrichardson -at- co.humboldt.ca.us, or Paula Mushrush:pmushrush -at- co.humboldt.ca.us.