The Humboldt County Public Works Department is looking to hire an individual for an Extra Help Road Maintenance Worker I position in the Garberville area. This is a temporary position. Under close supervision, workers learn and perform a variety of duties in road maintenance, repair and construction. Desirable Experience and Skills;
- Operating and maintaining a variety of hand and power tools and equipment used in the work. Properly placing cones, barricades and warning devices and directing traffic flow at job sites.
Performing heavy physical labor.
- Understanding and following oral and written instructions.
- Keeping accurate records and preparing simple reports. Requirements:
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Possess a valid California Driver License
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical.
- Must possess sufficient strength and stamina to lift and carry objects weighing up to 100 pounds and to perform sustained heavy physical labor. Must be willing to work out of doors in all weather conditions, to work with exposure to traffic.
- To work overtime and off hours shifts in emergency situations.
To see detailed information on this position and to apply on the County‘s automated application system, go to http://www.humboldtgov.org/hr, the deadline is October 27, 2020. All applications are screened by subject matter experts. The most qualified candidates may then be invited for further testing. It is important that your application show all the relevant experience and education you possess.
$15.88 per hour