Coaching Skills for BIOC Leaders (4 Part Webinar series)
Coaching Skills for BIOC Leaders (4 Part series)
4 dates beginning May 5th (you must be able to commit to all 4 dates)
Hosted by Compasspoint
Coaching helps put into practice the idea that the people closest to the problem have the solutions. When you coach each other, you center self-determination, create space for accountability, and unlock each other’s gifts.
Patriarchy, white supremacy, and capitalism thrive when “solutions” are imposed on BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) bodies and communities without BIPOC participation or consent. For BIPOC leaders especially, coaching skills can be a powerful way to bring wisdom, experiences, and creativity front and center.
This offering is not limited to positional leaders, but can be especially helpful if you’re a manager or supervisor. If you’re a leader in your organization or community, come learn and practice coaching skills with Compasspoint!
In this four-part series, you will:
- Learn what coaching is and how it can help you build power with others instead of over others
- Ground in the “coaching mindset”
- Learn three key coaching skills you can use as a supervisor or manager
- Learn how to apply a coaching framework when people are stuck and need to move to action
- Practice, practice, practice
- This is a space for people who work at nonprofit organizations and / or in social justice movement spaces who want to learn and practice basic coaching skills. Please note this is a four-part series. Make sure you can commit to all dates before registering!
Please make sure you can commit to all dates before registering!
May 5 (9:30am – 12:30pm PST)
May 12 (9:30 – 12:00pm PST)
May 26 (9:30am – 12:00pm PST)
June 2 (9:30am – 12:00pm PST)
Explore Coaching Resources:
This is a multi-day event. Please make sure you can attend all dates before registering! Before registering, make sure you are familiar with our cancellation policy.
Accessibility is very important to us! If you require specific accommodations (for example, receiving screen-reader friendly versions of learning materials ahead of time), please notify us at least a week in advance of the scheduled event by emailing [email protected]) so that we can do our best to meet your needs. Closed captioning and ASL interpretation is not provided unless requested