Live Candidate Forums on KEET-TV
Get Ready for the Primary Election!
To help you prepare for the June 7 Primary Election, The League of Women Voters of Humboldt County, in partnership with KEET-TV, will present live candidate forums on Mondays and Wednesdays beginning at 7 p.m. from May 9 to June 1, 2022. You have the opportunity to ask questions of the candidates via email before the forums, or you can call in your questions to KEET on the night of the forums.
Questions for candidates may be submitted by email to [email protected].
The phone lines open at 6:45 on the nights of the forums. We ask that you have your questions prepared to dictate to the operator when you call 707-445-0811.
Schedule and Candidates:
Monday, May 9: Auditor-Controller
- Karen Paz Dominguez-Incumbent
- Cheryl Dillingham-Finance Director
Wednesday, May 11: Supervisor District 4
- Natalie Arroyo-City Councilmember/Planner
- Kim Bergel-Eureka City Council Member for Ward 5
- Mike l. Newman-Commercial Insurance Broker
Monday, May 16: Supervisor District 5
- Steve Madron-Incumbent
- Larry Doss-Businessman/Rancher
Wednesday, May 18: District Attorney
- Michael Philip Acosta-Attorney
- Stacey Eads-Assistant District Attorney
- Adrian Kamada-Deputy Public Defender
Monday, May 23: Recorder-County Clerk, Registrar of Voters
- Juan Pablo Cervantes-Deputy County Registrar
- Benjamin J. Hersberger-Fiscal Officer
- Tiffany Hunt Nielsen-Deputy Recorder/Clerk
Wednesday, May 25: Arcata City Council
- Chase Marcum-Anthropologist
- Humnath Panta-Cal Poly Humboldt Professor
- Dana Quillman-Retired
- Edith Rosen-Business Management Consultant
- Alexandra Stillman-Entrepreneur
- Kimberley White-Project Coordinator
Wednesday, June 1: Superior Court Judge
- Ben McLaughlin-Attorney
- Steven M. Steward-Deputy District Attorney
You can stream the forums live or watch them later on KEET’s YouTube Channel at KEET.org. You can contact the League of Women Voters of Humboldt at (707) 444-9252 and visit their website at https://my.lwv.org/california/humboldt-county.