We're Hiring a Membership Coordinator.
Working at KMUD is fun and rewarding. Please consider joining our team.
Job Title: Membership Coordinator
Reports to: Station Manager
Employment Status: $17.00 per hour, 28-32 hours per week
Redwood Community Radio (RCR) is a dynamic community radio station, established 35 years ago and driven by a mission of public service
The Membership Coordinator for RCR serves as the liaison between the station and its members, maintaining and enhancing membership inclusion, communication, and services. The Membership Coordinator works in conjunction with KMUD staff to attain and surpass membership goals and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Master Donorsnap membership database and fundraising software.
- Maintain member database to ensure information is kept up-to-date and accurate.
- Fulfill thank-you gifts and correspondence in a timely manner.
- Input membership drive data in a timely manner.
- Continue self education in DonorSnap using tutorials.
- Update MailChimp email list.
- Provide the RCR Board of Directors with membership and programmer information for elections.
- Handle layout, mail merge and printing of Silent Drive letters.
- Print annual tax letter in January for the preceding fiscal year.
Membership Services Management
- Respond to listeners and members in a professional and timely manner.
- Work in conjunction with Station Manager to manage acquisition and scheduling of premium gifts, drawings and giveaways.
- Manage inventory of all materials necessary for KMUD’s fundraising.
- Develop major donor program in conjunction with the Station Manager.
- Develop MailChimp strategy to better serve our membership. -Including expanding our sign ups and getting out our email newsletter.
- Answering phone calls- speaking to members.
- Send out thank you cards or other shows of appreciation to donors
- Analyze membership data and statistics to better understand and target services and fundraising.
- Analyze membership data and statistics to improve performance of membership programs.- Survey on program stats
- Evaluate potential member mailings.
- Post membership payments, pledges, and premiums in membership database.
- Prepare bank deposits.
- With bookkeeper- Verify discrepancies and resolve member billing issues promptly. Be available to answer questions for bank reconciliation and quarterly reconcitliation of Quickbook and DonorSnap.
- Schedule zoom meetings
- Send out meeting reminders
- Order supplies under Station Manager's direction
- Make phone calls for station maintenance
- Maintain our on demand merchandise webpage
- Create social media content
- Upload materials to our website
- Create blog posts to inform community about meetings and events
Support Special Projects and Events
- Attend and assist with promotional and special event activities when requested by SM. It’s your job to make sure the money handling is clean.
- Prepare merchandise, materials, and equipment for tablers and events
- Organize equipment and materials following events
- Track merchandise inventory
- Phone bank programmers, volunteers, or members for special projects
- Meet other needs as they arise to support events and special projects as delegated by the Station Manager
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent money handling skills with great attention to detail.
- Computer literacy, using both Macs and PC’s.
- Accounting proficiency,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to train volunteers.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, as necessary.
- Ability to work effectively with socio-economically, racially, culturally, and linguistically diverse communities.
- Ability to model respectful, inclusive, responsible behavior that is consistent with RCR’s mission and its written family values.
- Familiarity with the utilization of social media platforms.
There is a three-month introductory period. This period is not to be construed as a contract. This means that employment can be terminated with or without cause and with or without notice at any time during or after the introductory period, at the option of the organization or of the employee. The employee shall be evaluated before the end of the introductory period, and within 30 days of the annual anniversary of the employee's hire date. Employees of Redwood Community Radio are reviewed on an ongoing bi-annual basis.
This position offers paid vacation, sick leave, and at 9 paid holidays per year, in accordance with KMUD Employee Benefits Policy.
KMUD annually observes a 2 percent cost of living annual increase (COLA). The COLA is applied on January 1st of each year.
RCR has a small paid staff and about 400 volunteers. RCR has regular membership drives. They require a substantial amount of time and coordination. The atmosphere is animated and stimulating. The ability to work in this kind of environment is essential.
Equipment Used & Physical Working Conditions
Computer (Mac & PC), voicemail, copier, fax. Applicant must be able to remain in a stationary position approximately six hours a day. The person in this position needs to occasionally move about the inside of the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Applicant must have the ability to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
Applicant must also be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
KMUD Redwood Community Radio is an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply. The organization does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, class, creed, physical or mental disability.
RCR must receive a cover letter, resume and three professional references. Applications received before June 15th, 2022 will be given priority. We would prefer receiving your application (ideally as one attachment) emailed to [email protected]. You may also mail your application to KMUD Redwood Community Radio, Membership Coordinator Hire, P.O. Box 135 Redway, CA 95560. And, you can deliver your application (M-Th, 11am – 4pm) to 1144 Redway Dr., Redway, CA 95560.