Share Your KMUD Story
Please share your story with us as a part of KMUD’s End of the Year/Giving Tuesday campaign, a lead up to #GivingTuesday. Then send this email to other KMUD lovers.
How do I share my story?
· Share your story on your social media accounts sometime before November 29th
· Or, we are also making our own promotional content including longer videos that are a mix of stories and on air promos. We would be delighted to help you make your video or audio promo.
· If you do not want to do either of those you can take an #unselfie picture.
Below you will find tips. We ask that you finish your story by a call to action to donate to KMUD.
This is a fun and important way to support KMUD. I am looking forward to hearing your story!!
What is Giving Tuesday?
#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving that harnesses the collective power of individuals, communities and organizations to encourage philanthropy and to celebrate generosity worldwide. Following Thanksgiving and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, this year’s #GivingTuesday will take place on November 29th and will kick off the giving season by inspiring people to collaborate and give back by donating or volunteering for a non-profit they care about.
#HumboldtGives aims to inspire giving and volunteering in our local community and brings our Humboldt Country non-profits and philanthropists together. We hope it serves to strengthen our community.
Here are a few talking points for inspiration- pick one or two
· Why do you support KMUD?
· What drew you to KMUD? -How did you get involved or what got you listening?
· How has KMUD affected your life?
· Why is KMUD important to you and to our community?
· What do you love about KMUD?
· Why should others get involved with KMUD too?
Don’t forget to ask folks to donate (could be in the comments or in the video)
Choose a way to share your story
10-20 seconds or 1 minute or 2-5 minutes
· Create your own video. Share it on your social media and tag us or send it to [email protected]
· Let us film you. Call us at 707-923-2513 or Email us at [email protected] to arrange an appointment.
20- 40 seconds
· Record your own audio and send it to [email protected]
· Let us record you. Call us at 707-923-2513 or Email us at [email protected] to arrange an appointment.
· Call the comment line and leave your story there 707-932-5091
Include picture of yourself and your written story
- Send us your image and story at [email protected]
- Print out the attached #UNselfie template or hand make your own (logos not needed)
- Under #UNselfie write "I give to KMUD on #GivingTuesday because......." or “I volunteer at KMUD for #GivingTuesday because........"
- Then take a picture of the paper in front of your face.
- Post the picture on your social media (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter) and add the #KMUD #HumboldtGives #GivingTuesday #Unselfie (#WomenThatGive if you’re a woman)
- Or send it to [email protected]
Thanks so much for doing that for the MUD! and let’s hope a wonderful and touching campaign full of anecdotes and emotion!